DFDS completed the acquisition of U.N. Ro-Ro after all relevant authorities approved the transaction. The deal was completed on June 7.
- N. Ro-Ro operates five freight ferry routes connecting Turkey with Trieste and Toulon.
- N. Ro-Ro has 12 modern ro-ro ferries and its own port terminals in Istanbul and Trieste.
- In Europe, U.N. Ro-Ro offers intermodal solutions to and from other European markets.
- Annual revenue of EUR 240 million and 500 employees.
- DFDS to have a fleet of 50 ships (once the newbuildings are delivered)
Selçuk Boztepe, CEO of U.N. Ro-Ro and now Head of a new Mediterranean business unit in DFDS’ Shipping Division said:
- Soon Patras will be added as a port of call between Italy and Turkey.
- Aim is to become key player in the sea transport sector in the North Africa, Black Sea and Middle East regions.
Photo: U.N. Ro-Ro