Tallink’s vessel STAR, which operates on the Tallinn-Helsinki route, was recently renovated at the Klaipeda shipyard in Lithuania.
- Innovative „EnergoProFin“ solution was fitted on the propellers: an additional screw with small rotors, which increases efficiency and reduces the energy loss resulting from the whirlpool by 2-5%, and which also reduce the underwater noise and vibration caused by the vessel.
- Complete renovation of Snack Time cafe and Starbucks Café.
- Sea Pub was updated with a brand new concept.
- Children’s play area and shopping areas received a facelift.
- New carpets on the stairs, in the corridors and in Business Lounge.
- New toilets on whole ship.
During the renovation, arrangements were also made to stop using disposable plastic plates, cups and cutlery in all the restaurants.
STAR returned to the Tallinn-Helsinki route on Tuesday, 22 January.
BALTIC QUEEN and GALAXY are currently being modernised. This spring, two further vessels, VICTORIA I and ISABELLE will also be updated.