The Ferry Operations Division has produced positive results for the Stena AB Group.
EBITDA, excluding net gain on sale of assets, increased compared to last year due to continued increased volumes for cars (3%), freight (3%) and passengers (2%)
Stena RoRo secured long term charters for three ro-pax newbuildings:
- a 5+5 year bareboat charter with Brittany Ferries with delivery 2020 –
- a 10-year bareboat charter with Brittany Ferries with delivery 2021
- a 10-year bareboat charter with DFDS with delivery 2021
- Stena has decided to exercise its option to build a seventh and eighth E-Flexer vessel. The two vessels will be deployed within Stena Line’s route network with a planned delivery in 2022.
- Additionally, Stena RoRo has secured an option on the construction of a further three E-Flexer vessels also to be built at Avic Weihai Shipyard, China.
- A total of eight vessels have now been ordered by Stena from Avic Weihai Shipyard in China. Three of the vessels will be chartered out to external ferry operators by Stena RoRo.
STENA CARRIER has been sold and delivered in August 2018.
STENA FREIGHTER has been sold and delivered in October 2018.