August 23, 2018
- STENA HIBERNIA and STENA SCOTIA have started operating together on the Belfast – Heysham route on 22 August.
- STENA HIBERNIA went to the local Belfast shipyard Harland & Wolff to freshen up a bit and to get an engine overhaul (see photo).
- STENA PERFORMER will return to Seatruck Ferries, who will use her on Heysham – Warrenpoint. Sister vessel STENA PRECISION will be replaced by STENA FORERUNNER, and will return to Seatruck Ferries after a drydock.
- Stena Line extended the contracts for Godby Shipping owned ro-ro vessels MISANA and MISIDA until December 2019. Both green ships will for the time being operated on Rotterdam-Killingholme and Rotterdam-Harwich.
- TT-Line has refurbished the two ro-pax ferries NILS DACKE and ROBIN HOOD. The latter left the Oresund Drydock shipyard in Landskrona, Sweden end of July.
- UN Ro-Ro has lengthened ro-ro UN KARADENIZ in Turkey.
- CLdN has announced that they will have two direct calls between Belgium and Spain as from September.
- Seabourn Freight has launched its website for the new ferry service between Ramsgate and Ostend. When the operation will start and which ships will be used is unknown.