Container Ship Creates Ro-Ro Space
P&O Ferries has deployed the container ship ‘WEGA to start a service between Zeebrugge and Teesport.
P&O Ferries already offers a ro-ro service with six sailings a week on Zeebrugge-Teesport, with BORE SONG and MISTRAL.
The container service will create more space for ro-ro freight on the ro-ro ships.
More short news!
- The Greek islands of Agios Efstratios and Lemnos line are unhappy with the ferries. They used to have the EXPRESS PEGASUS from Hellenic Seaways. During summer it was proven too small. It will now be replaced by Seajets’ 1975-built AQUA BLUE, ex IERAPETRA and this for the next three years.
- Eckerö had a great summer (June-August) on all lines: +10% passengers.
- The increase is mainly due to the fantastic growth of the traffic between Helsinki and Tallinn. Healthy growth for cars and freight.
- Canary Bridge Seaways, the new joint venture from Baleària and Fred. Olsen Express, will operate two ferries. One will be the chartered CLIPPER PENNANT. The two companies have agreed to operate ferries between the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands. The service will start mid-November.
- Brittany Ferries’ high-speed ferry NORMANDIE EXPRESS closed its season on 18 September. After annual maintenance she will be laid-up in Le Havre. She will re-enter service in May.