Ferry and ro-ro are the best performing segments in the Port of Rostock.
- Rostock’s half-year results show a drop in the amount of handled cargo (from 13 million tonnes to 12,2 million). In contrast, ro-ro cargo saw a 7% increase compared to the first half of 2017 (8.7 million tonnes).
- The ferry and ro-ro goods accounted for 67% of overall handling. This strong growth was not enough to fully compensate for the losses in high-tonnage areas such as grain, coal and cement.
- The number of ferry passengers carried to and from Northern Europe increased by 50,000, to 1.05 million.
- Rostock overseas port recorded 2,905 calls by ferries or ro-ro vessels, on a total of 3,650 ship calls.
- Accompanied trucks increased by 9% (210,098 in total)
- Unaccompanied trucks decreased (-1%)