March 14, 2019
- Thanks to the introduction of its new ro-ro vessel LAURELINE, CLdN is now able to take the next step in the development of the Spanish corridor and increase the number of sailings between the ports of Zeebrugge and Santander from two to three departures per week as from Sunday 17 March 2019.
- CLdN will offer symmetrical sailings from both Santander and Zeebrugge on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, operated by modern ro-ro vessels which can accommodate a wide variety of cargo.
- Deltamarin has signed a contract with Rauma Marine Constructions Oy (RMC) for the design of the car passenger ferry for Kvarken Link AB.
- Deltamarin’s commission covers basic and detail design services for all hull and machinery areas. The value of the contract with RMC is about €4m.
- Although PCTC’s are not part of our ferry business, it is interesting to see that UECC decided to invest in new generation pure car and truck carriers with Battery Hybrid LNG Solution. UECC has signed a contract to construct two new generation PCTC with China Ship Builidng Trading Co., Ltd and Jiangnan Shipyard Group Co. Ltd. The newbuilding contract also has options for two additional vessels, and the first vessel is planned for delivery in 2021.