The Moby Group closes 2018 with growth in combination with challenges.
- The ferries transported half a million additional cargo, especially on the vessels of the CIN subsidiary.
- Excellent performance in ‘Revenues from onboard services’, (+8.8%) mainly attributable to the cruise-ferry business in the Baltic, and on the Corsica and ‘Sardinia routes.
- Revenue in line with previous year.
- Increase in operational costs (bunker, new start-ups ).
Achille Onorato, CEO of the Group agrees that 2018 was not an easy year. However, entering new business areas and finalising investments will be beneficial as from Q1, 2019.
Revenues by region:
- Sardinia down 3.3% (less pax, less freight)
- Sicily up 14.7% (more pax, more freight, new Naples-Catania route)
- Tuscan Archipelago down 1.2%
- Corsica up 3.9% (more pax, more onboard sales)
- Baltic up 12.9% (onboard revenue)
Figures (in € thousands)
- Revenues 584,335 (586,164)
- Operating profit -21,071 (68,414)
- Profit before taxes -58,112 (26,840)
- Profit for the year -62,683 (22,947)