October 5, 2017
On Friday September 29, Attica Group (Blue Star Ferries, Superfast Ferries) published its half-year results.
- • During H1, Attica Group saw an increase in traffic volumes in all categories: Passengers +5.4% / Cars +9.9% / Freight +2.3% / Sailings +4.3%
- Adriatic routes (Patras-Igoumenitsa-Ancona and Patras-Igoumenitsa-Bari (in joint service with ANEK): Passengers +16.8% / Cars +14.2% / Freight +3.5% / Sailings + 2.1%
- Greek domestic routes (Piraeus-Cyclades, Piraeus-Dodekanese, Piraeus- Crete (with ANEK), and Piraeus-Chios-Mytilene): Passengers +4.3% / Cars +9.2% / Freight +1.7% / Sailings +4.8%
- Consolidated Revenue: EUR 112.04m (EUR 109.63m)
- EBITDA: EUR 7.07m (EUR 21.66m)
- Consolidated losses after tax: EUR 22.26m (EUR 2.20m)
- Increase of bunker prices influenced Group’s results by over EUR 15m.
- On August 11, Attica acquired 50.30% of the share capital of Hellenic Seaways Maritime S.A.
- On August 30, BLUE STAR PATMOS suffered grounding on shallow waters while approaching Ios. The impact is estimated to be limited due to the upcoming low season. The incident is fully covered by the existing insurance, and the vessel is actually being repaired at Elefsina shipyard.
Photo © Mike Louagie