BC Ferries published its annual report for the fiscal year 2018, which ends on 31 March 2018.
- BC Ferries released its year-end results with consolidated net earnings of $59.9 million for fiscal 2018.
- Highest passenger traffic levels in 20 years and the highest levels of vehicle traffic ever.
- Focus on fare affordability. No increases to vehicle and passenger fares across almost all routes.
- By the start of fiscal 2019 (April 1, 2018), the fares on almost all routes were reduced by 15%.
- Due to current world fuel market conditions, the company will remove the fuel rebates currently in place on June 27, 2018.
- BC Ferries provided over 174,000 sailings, 2,962 more round trips than required under the Coastal Ferry Services Contract and 1,190 more round trips compared to the prior year.