August 16, 2018
Some highlights of Tallink Grupp’s half-year results for the period January 1 – June 30, 2018:
- 6 million passengers (+0.8%), with most notable growth of 11.4% on the Latvia-Sweden route.
- Cars 533,710 (+1.3%).
- Steady increase of cargo transportation (+9.2%). The lion’s share was carried on the Estonia-Finland route: 122,914 cargo units (+10.4%). The most notable growth was on Latvia-Sweden, where a total of 7,832 cargo units were transported (+45.8%).
- Sales revenue decreased (-2.6%), providing EUR 439.6m of unaudited revenue
- Unaudited net loss EUR 4.3m (2.4m).
- Increase in fuel prices.
- The decline in the absolute number of passengers on the Tallinn-Helsinki route in Q2, although Tallink has managed to increase both passenger numbers and market share on this route as a result of investments.
- The excise duty levels in place in Estonia have an impact on the results and affect the Estonian tourism and service sectors negatively as a whole.