Increase In Revenue And EBITDA But Red-Figure Net Results For ANEK
-9% ferry crossings
-7% passengers = 965,000 (1,040,000)
-7% cars = 189,000 (204,000)
-5% freight units = 132,000 (139,000)
Financial results in a nutshell:
- Increase in turnover and EBIDTA.
- The increase resulted from the Adriatic Sea routes as well as from vessels’ chartering to companies abroad.
- ANEK counterbalanced rising operating costs resulting from the increase in fuel prices by approximately 25%.
- After three consecutive years of profitability, the Group and the Parent company recorded losses after taxes. Extraordinary provisions as well as financing and investing results had a negative effect on net results and equity, which turned negative.
- Turnover: +2.1% Group / +2.8% Parent company
- Gross profit: +0.6% Group / -2.1% Parent Company
- EBITDA: +14% Group / +12.1% Parent Company
Net Results: Group -13.8 million (9.8 million) /Parent Company -13.2 million (12.6