Grimaldi Orders Six Mega Ro-Ro Ships
The Grimaldi Group has signed an agreement for the building of six “GG5G” ro-ro vessels, for a total investment worth over USD 400 million.
- Shipyard: Jinling, China
- Design: Grimaldi Group and Knud E. Hansen
- Length 238m
- Gross tonnage 64,000
- Lane meters 7,800 (500 trailers)
- Hybrid: fossil fuel at sea and mega lithium batteries for use in port. Batteries will be recharged at sea through shaft generators and solar panels.
- Hull: Air lubrication
- Three vessels for Grimaldi Lines in the Mediterranean.
- Three ice-class vessels for Finnlines in the Baltic.
- Delivery as from 2020.