Debt-free Minoan Lines Is In Excellent Shape
When going through Minoan Lines’ H1 report one will especially remark that the lack of debt obligations and the level of the Group’s cash balance means the company is in good shape.
A selection of significant events
- The sale to Attica Holdings S.A. of 37,667,504 shares of Hellenic Seaways Shipping S.A., representing 48.53% of the paid up share capital, for a consideration of € 78,500.
- In addition, the Company acquired the right to operate in the “Heraklion-Cyclades” route, while Attica Holdings S.A. and its affiliate companies undertook the commitment not to operate in this route for a period of three years.
- The purchase of HIGHSPEED (renamed SANTORINI PALACE) from Hellenic Seaways Shipping S.A.
- The purchase by a company owned by the Grimaldi Group of SUPERFAST XII.
- Upon completion of all above transactions, the Company and the Group incurred no profit or loss. On 29/6/2018, the Company’s bond loan was fully repaid. As a result, on 30/6/2018 the Company has no short-term or long-term bank loans.
Figures (in thousands)
+ Turnover € 35,903 (€35,497)
– EBITDA € 8,505 (€ 9,682)
+ Net profit € 1,854 (€ 1,585)