February 27, 2020
- Number of sailings: 44,000
- Passengers: 4.8 million (+0.7%)
- Cars: 2.0 million (+1.6%)
- Total revenue for Q3 increased by $3.2 million to $210.9 million (+1.5%)
- Total revenue for Q1+Q2+Q3 increased by $33.4 million to $786.7 million (+4.4%)
- The increase in revenue is mainly a result of increased vehicle traffic, retail revenue and the provincial contribution for its portion of the fare initiatives.
- Operating expenses for Q3 increased by $7.4 million to $205.7 million (+3.7%)
- Operating expenses for Q1+Q2+Q3 increased by $27.4 million to $646.8 million (+4.4%).
The increase in operating expenses is mainly due to higher labour costs and staffing level changes.