FSG has agreed to build a cruise ferry for ICG at a contract price of €165.2 million. It’s going to be the largest-ever built ferry in Flensburg.
- Gross tonnage 67,300.
- Passengers: 1,800 and 152 cabins.
- Lane metres: 5,610 = 330 freight units per sailing.
- Uniquely, the vessel has been designed for three tier freight bow loading to allow for efficient loading/unloading and quick turnaround times.
- Compared to the ULYSSES, a 50% increase in peak freight capacity.
- Delivery 2020.
- Conventional fuel with scrubber technology.
- Ice class (!)
- Route Dublin – Holyhead.
She is expected to replace the schedule of the ULYSSES, which in turn will replace the currently chartered vessel EPSILON in the fleet. This will allow for the deployment of the W.B. YEATS (arriving Mid 2018, also under construction in Flensburg and to be launched January 19) full-time on the direct Ireland -France route alongside the OSCAR WILDE.