Photo: Apostolos Kaknis
Former MOBY LOVE has been spotted in drydock in Piraeus. She’s being refurbished for an unknown route to be operated by Med Lines, and she will be renamed AIOLOS. She was built in 1975 as SAINT ELOI, and operated as a train ferry on the Channel.
She was sold old to Portucalence Shipping Co. Ltd, a Greek company which operated the EXPRESS SANTORINI in the Acores.
The same company also acquired MOBY BABY.
- The new ro-pax ferry for Molslinjen will be named HAMMERSHUS. There have been three ships with that name on the Bornholm service. The Rauma shipyard will hand over the vessel at the end of June.
- Fjord Line’s OSLOFJORD is at Hirtshals for refit. Her duty-free shop is being expanded by 600m2. Shopping is very important on the route Sandefjord-Strömstad.
- Trasmediterranea’s ro-pax ferry ALMARIYA has been spotted doing sea trials. The ship was berthed in Almeria since September after an engine breakdown.
- P&O Ferries have chartered ro-ro NEPTUNE DYNAMIS. This refit relief vessel will be covering Hull-Zeebrugge for the next 2 months.
- Brittany Ferries has appointed Simon Johnson as interim group commercial director. Simon previously worked at P&O Ferries as passenger services director and later on as maritime consultant. Brittany Ferries group commercial director Mike Bevens left the company at Christmas.
- DFDS changed terminals in Esbjerg just before Christmas.
- Red Funnel has announced that Kevin George, the current Chief Executive Officer, is to be appointed as Chairman of the Group. The announcement follows the restructuring of the Board following the acquisition of the Group by a consortium of UK and Canadian pension funds in July last year and the recent appointment of a number of Non-Executive Directors.
- TT Line’s PETER PAN is being lengthened in Bremerhaven, by insertion of a 30m section.